The process of changing your Facebook password is easy but not easy, especially when you’ve never done it before. You are in the right place. We show you the steps to change the password of your Facebook account on smartphone as on PC.
There are many reasons that can lead you to change your Facebook account password . You have been the victim of a hack or a hacking attempt, you have decided to update it because of its too simplicity as a precaution. A friend, your spouse or an acquaintance has discovered your password.
Someone who accesses your Facebook account also has access to a large amount of data about you. In addition to your messages and other private information, it can connect to many sites and services that use Facebook as an authentication method. The usurper can even defraud your friends by making you wear the hat. There are various reasons for changing your Facebook password, but the process for doing so remains the same for everyone.
Facebook: how to change your password
As we explained at the beginning of the article, the process to change your Facebook password is very simple. here are the steps.
Change Facebook password from the web
If you are on a PC or Mac, log into your account from the Facebook web client. Then go to settings.
- In the left menu, click on Security and login, scroll down to the “Login” section and click “change password”
- Enter the old password and then the new password twice. A message below the field indicates whether the password is weak, “OK” or strong. We recommend having a password that is at least a normal level of security. Then click on “Save changes”
From a smartphone, iPhone or Android smartphone
Changing Facebook password from an Android smartphone or iPhone is just as easy. But the path is slightly different. Start by logging into your account.
- Tap the menu icon at the top right. Scroll down to the Settings and privacy section and then tap Settings.
- Tap Password & Security under the Account section .
- In the “Login” section, tap on the change password option .
- Enter the old password and then the new password twice. Like the web version of Facebook, an indication lets you know if the chosen password is weak, normal or strong. After entering it, tap Update Password .